At the end of the day, the Tea House is the perfect place to relax and take in all that you have done throughout the day. The Tea House makes their food with local ingredients and offers delicious fresh tasting meals. Reservations are recommended in order to guarantee you table, walk-ins are certainly welcome though there may be a little wait. If you wish to reserve a table at the Tea House you can book a table by calling them at (403) 586-4547. The Tea House is open Tuesday through Sunday (open on holiday Mondays) from 11:00am-5:00pm. They have also prepared a delightful variety of specials for their summer events.
- June 7th & 8th (Country Drive) =BBQ pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw
- June 15th (Father’s Day)=BBQ Beef on a bun with coleslaw
- June 21st (Solstice Dinner) = Roast Suckling Pig.
- Stay tuned for ticket information. Wine and beer will be available for purchase
- July 1st (Canada day) = Home brewed, old fashioned root beer float
- July 12th (Bluebird festival + Country drive) = Homemade sausage on a bun and BBQ pulled pork on a bun with coleslaw
- August 9th (Bug Jamboree) = set menu for kids1) hot dog + homemade lemonade or 1 scoop of ice cream
2) hot dog + homemade lemonade + 1 scoop of ice cream
- August 23rd (Open Farm Days) = Country pig roast*subject to change, please refer to ellisbirdfarm.ca for complete details
Special Events & Activities
The Ellis Bird Farm hosts a number of events and offers a great variety of activities and workshops for all to enjoy. Fan favorites include the Blue Bird Festival – July 12 and the Bug Jamboree – August 9.
- Opening Day May 19
- Springtime Country Drive June 7 & 8
- Pollinator Gardens Workshop June 14
- Father’s Day Hikes June 15
- Solstice Dinner June 21
- Bioblitz! June 30
- Medicinal Plant Walk July 6, August 10
- Beginner Photography July 8, August 5
- July 9, August 6, August 20
- Summertime Country Drive July 12 & 13
- Bluebird Festival July 12
The Bluebird Festival is a great time to visit the bird farm. The festival brings in vendors and bands, allowing you to enjoy Ellis Bird Farm with the utmost fun and entertainment. The vendors provide a great selection of local and rural goods and products. Families and friends all welcome to join in on the festivities.
- Evening Event July 18
- Art and Nature Day Camp July 21
- Macrophotography Workshop July 22, August 19
- Bird Photography Workshop July 27
- Youth Plant Talk Theatre July 31
- Flora and Fauna Artist Trading Cards August 2
- Bug Jamboree August 9
The Bug Jamboree is a great time to visit the Ellis Bird Farm, especially for those bug enthusiasts! This day is filled with a butterfly count and plenty of bug-filled crafts!
- Day Camp August 11
- Alberta Open Farms Days August 23 & 24
- Closing Day September 1
Explore Lacombe County
August 10, 2017
Ellis Bird Farm Day Trip
It was long overdue for a trip to Ellis Bird Farm! So we thought it would be a perfect time to go visit on this sunny afternoon Our first stop...
July 26, 2017
Rimbey Day Trip
This morning we decided to take a trip out to Rimbey! It was a little smokey on the drive there but the drive was still gorgeous with the canola in...
July 12, 2017
Scenic Drive Around Gull Lake
Starting in Lacombe, you head west down 50 Ave/Highway 12 Keep right Turn right onto Range Road 284 Slight left onto 50th Ave –...