- Starting in Lacombe, you head west down 50 Ave/Highway 12.
- Keep right
- Turn right in to the Summer Village of Gull Lake
- Left on Highway 12A which will take you past the Wooden Shoe Cafe and Service Station.
- Continue west (right on to 12A west going past Aspen Beach Provincial Park
- Turn right onto highway 12A West and continue NW to Bentley on 12A
- Turn right onto highway 20 North
- Turn right onto highway 771 North
- Take highway 771 North to Township Road 425 – Summer Village of Parkland Beach is along this highway
- Turn right onto Range Road 425 * Township road 425 turns slightly right and becomes Township Road 424A*
- Head Southwest on Township Road 424A Toward Range Road 11A *Range Road 11A turns slightly left and becomes Township Road 424*
- Turn right onto Range Road 10
- Turn right onto Township Road 422
- Turn left and you have arrived at Meridian Beach! Have a rest here and check out the beautiful scenery.
- Make a U-turn and turn right onto Township Road 422
- Turn right onto Range Road 284
- Continue onto Township Road 420
- Turn right onto Range Road 283 *Range Road 283 turns slightly and becomes Range Road 282A* *Range Road 282A turn slightly left and becomes Township Road 414*
- Turn right onto Range Road 282
- Slight left onto McLaurin Dr.
- Turn left onto Hardwick St.
- Continue onto Township Road 411
- Turn right onto highway 792 South
- Turn left onto highway 12 East
- Keep left to continue on highway 12 West
- You have now arrived back into Lacombe!
Places we recommend to stop at:
Brown Eggs and Lamb: Here, you can find all sorts of goodies like wool products, produce, meat, pies, honey and much more! Brown Eggs and Lamb is located south on range road 281 (Woodynook road).
The Wooden Shoe: This is where you can get all of your road trips snacks and goodies! The Wooden Shoe is known for its Dutch candy and ice cream. The Wooden Shoe is located on 40 Lakeview Ave in the Summer Village of Gull Lake.
Aspen Beach Provincial Park: Has wide sand beaches and warm shallow water which are ideal for paddling, sunbathing and swimming. There is also a boat launch and a concession with all your summer treats!
Summer Village of Parkland Beach: Stop by and see all of the amenities this summer village has to offer! The Summer Village of Parkland Beach is located along highway 771 in Ponoka County.
(Photo from Summer Village of Parkland Beach Website)
Meridian Beach: is a year round family community. Stop by to see the beautiful scenery! This is a great spot to see the lake.
(Photo from Meriden Beach website)
Scenic pictures from the drive:
(Barns near Bentley)
(Sunset on Gull Lake)
(Pelicans on Gull Lake)
Explore Lacombe County
Things to do in Lacombe & Lacombe County – Summer
#1 Gull Lake (free) Sandy Beaches ∙ Boat Launches ∙ Day Use Areas Lacombe County is home to Alberta’s first provincial park Aspen Beach...
Lacombe’s Country Stores
Harvest time in the country Check out these country stores in and around Lacombe where you can buy farm fresh food Billyco farm store and...
Leap out of your comfort zone!
The Lacombe Culture and Harvest Festival is an annual festival that celebrates agricultural heritage and showcases the arts & culture of our...