Lacombe City offers an abundance of cultural attractions and recreational opportunities.Whether you enjoy a hike through our extensive trails system; touring our historic downtown murals; or taking in one of our many cultural events and festivals, Lacombe has it all!
The city of Lacombe is quickly becoming known as a community of murals. The downtown core features 40 murals that beautify the community’s back alleys while telling a story of Lacombe’s history.
- Theme 1: Created by artist Tim Giles, Theme 1 murals run along the alley between 50 Street and 51 Street. It features 20 walls portraying a variety of buildings and scenes dating back to the period between 1890 and 1910.
- Theme 2: Tim began Theme 2 during the summer of 2009. It features over 12,000 square feet of murals depicting Lacombe in the 1930s. These murals cover the walls in the alleys behind the Bank of Montreal, Leto’s Steak House and Fargey’s Paints.
Take a walking tour
Tour all of Lacombe’s murals. Start at the rear of the strip mall at 52 Street, and then walk east to the laneway behind the Royal Bank on 50 Avenue. Once you have seen all 20 of these murals, head south across 50 Avenue behind the Bank of Montreal to view the remainder of these incredible murals.
Celebrate arts and culture in Lacombe throughout the year:
- Encore Art Sale & Celebration of Creative Expression (April)
- Lacombe Days (July) includes Encore Art in the Park, an event for the whole family
- Culture & Harvest Festival (September) is a three-day extravaganza of arts, history and agricultural entertainment
- Light Up the Night (November) featuring the Santa Claus parade and the lighting of the trees in Lest We Forget Park
5432 – 56 Avenue
Lacombe, AB T4L 1E9
Hours of operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (403) 782-6666
Fax: (403) 782-5655
Explore Lacombe County
February 24, 2020
Lacombe and District Chamber of Commerce
The Lacombe and District Chamber of Commerce is an organization that serves and represents the business community of Lacombe and Lacombe County by...
February 24, 2020
Encore Art Show
April 24 & 25, 2020 The Encore Art Sale is an event to celebrating local artists Held annually at the Lacombe Memorial Center in late...
February 19, 2020
This central Alberta town with a population of just over 1,000 people is a hidden gem commonly referred to as the little town with a big...